Saturday, January 7, 2012

DAY 7 - 5TH DAY WHEAT AND GLUTEN FREE FREE

DSC04669

Weight:-  7.30 am  -  ? kg 


I'm not avoiding the scales. I left them in the house so won't be able to check up on myself until next Wednesday. 

Breakfast:-  Cappuccino x 2
I did not intend to fast but I'm tired and can't be bothered getting food ready

Snack 1:-  none

Lunch:-  antipasto plate - ham, cherry tomatos, pickled gherkin, cheese, red capsicum, (bell pepper) 

Snack 2:-  3 chocolates

Dinner:-  bacon, onion, courgette, mushroom, cherry tomatoes
Strawberry tea

Snack 3:-  Almonds, water.

Drinking:-  Water x 1
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 2
Coffee, black, unsweetened x 0
cappuccino with sugar x 4

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes/no*
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Reporting Back ..........


How I did I do?

So tired! Had an afternoon snooze. It has rained all day except for a few brief moments this morning.. Not great weather to be in the bus but suited me today as I really was tired. I spent the day reading blogs, doing puzzles and snoozing. 


Tomorrow there will be more of the same weather. We might go over to visit  Mum. I should go to church but I think something on-line will be good.


Still wheat and gluten free. It's reasonably easy once I get to this stage. The risk is I challenge myself even when I know it's crazy behaviour. I don't want to be agonising over food choices but I know the battle has only begun. I think one more week then I'll take out the sweet cappuccinos I've got in the habit of drinking. I really like my coffee, black and unsweetened. The cappuccinos are an indulgence and always have been. They are an indulgence I do not need, so have to go. 


I also need to drink more water. Again it will happen little by little. Being wheat and gluten free means I think more clearly and it is easier to focus on doing things well. My energy levels begin to improve also. I have been fatigued all the time. Now I'm in recovery. I'm hoping my heart and blood pressure will also improve. Meals still need to be tweaked to be in best weight loss mode but I feel hopeful again.


For most of last year I wondered if I could ever get into weight loss mode again. It seems I can. Hurray! To be quite honest I'm not sure how this came about. Perhaps it is the prayers of certain Blog friends and others. Perhaps it is because I was fast coming to a place where I was desperate and am now doing a few things a little bit differently. 


I don't have any confidence that it will stay this easy as time goes along but for now I'm making the most of where I am and trying to prepare myself for the day the going gets hard. 


One thing that is in my focus is allowing my arty-crafty side a little bit of space. I'm sure that being creative is healing.


I'm itching to begin building up my walking program but it has to wait until the rain stops. I just don't have facilities in the bus to cope with wet footwear and jackets. Later there will be the cross-trainer which is something like an elliptical machine and this time I intend to get into some stretching, resistance and weights but it will be step by step as I feel ready. I don't have the mental energy to push myself more than a little at a time.


I wonder if one of the keys to becoming fit and healthy is to always be ready with an extension or alteration of what one is doing. Of course it must be something that takes me out of my Comfort Zone, but not too much, and brings some kind of improvement. There's no point in going backwards.


My bed awaits.

1 comment:

  1. I like your plan... pushing just outside your comfort zone to extend your borders. I do that too, and it seems to be the key to continued progress.

    I hope you get lots of good rest, and feel perkier tomorrow.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete