Thursday, January 26, 2012

DAY 26 - 24TH DAY WHEAT AND GLUTEN FREE - 14TH DAY NO COFFEE

DSC04669

Weight:-  7.30 am  - ?


My last weight check was 114 kg/251 lbs. Next check Jan. 31st.


Loving My Body - Psalm 139



 11If I say, Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,
    12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

 13For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
    14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
    15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
    16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

 17How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum ofthem!

I had a revelation about my attitude to my body a few days ago. It was like a jolt of lightening. I've worked hard to love myself. I've come to appreciate my intelligence, who I am, my spirit, my personality but .... I have never truly appreciated the shell, (body), and once I became a Christian, I looked forward to death and a glorified body. I've seen my body as something that must be subdued, misinterpreting the scriptures which talk about self control which belongs in the mental, spirit, soul area. The body is an instrument, a covering, a temple and I don't see how the body can be sinful because it can only do what the brain and nervous system tell it to do.


Maybe I'm over simplifying but this makes sense to me. 


Because I've mistakenly seen my body as despicable rather than the wonderfully intricate creation of God that it is, I've not cared for it. I haven't nurtured my body, in fact I have abused it.


You can pay lip service and make resolutions and grit your teeth with determination to do what is right but if you don't love the thing you are doing you will end up an angry tense mess and wonder why.


I am still pondering this and the consequences of my past attitude. I am looking forward to the way my repentance, turning around from a bad attitude, will be worked out. 


Nurturing my body means eating right and exercising and cleaning, soothing, skin, hair and nail care and so on. It also means getting the right medical/dental attention when required. So much of this has been a necessary drudgery for me instead of nurture in mind. The difference is subtle and profound at the same time.


I can see all kinds of possibilities in the future and am looking forward to this adventure as I learn to love my body and note the actions and attitudes that result.


Breakfast:-   Strawberry tea. water. 4 corn thins and peanut butter. 


We have a serious power problem in the old bus so no smoothie this morning. I can live without electricity ....I think. John has rigged things so we have power to some appliances.

Snack 1:-  Water 

Lunch:-  Strawberry  tea. Berry Smoothie.

Snack 2:-   Water, slice of cheese

Dinner:-  Grilled ham, carrot and kumera mash. Simple coleslaw, cabbage, carrot, onion and dressing.
Strawberry tea

Snack 3:-  Camomile tea.  almonds 

Drinking:-  Water x 4
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3
Coffee, black, unsweetened x 0

Diet lemon, lime & bitters x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes* Still awfully slow. Not a lot of energy and a little achy. It's easy to understand how people give up but I must push through. I doubt if I'd have made the effort without my No walk, No computer rule. I came so close to thoughtlessly turning it on this morning. My feet were a little cold and as I reached for my socks I remembered ... socks, shoes, No walk, No computer. This rule is working.
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Reporting Back ..........

How I did I do?


I've had a very quiet day which is good.I was really tired after the last two busy days.


It's given me time to catch up with a few things.


John spent two hours or more trying to fix our electricity problem. It might be a broken wire in a very difficult place to access. He rigged up an extension cord so that we can use everything, including the fridge but our lights are on battery which is solar powered.


I'm sleepy so another early night coming up. We wake between 6.30 and 7 am so I'm getting more sleep than I've had in a long time.

4 comments:

  1. It is sad that you have for so long not liked your body :( I hope that will change. I'm sure we are meant to care for ourselves properly to enable us to care for others.

    I presume you have people in your house? No power would be a pain!! You are doing really well - the longer you are wheat free, the more normal it will become and the less you will crave it. Well that is certainly what I have found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I too am learning how to really take care of my body! I do well for a while and fall back to my old ways. I have to really work at doing the things I need to do for myself. When I take care of myself, it makes me feel really good! I need to remember that!!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your attitude and the new things you are doing to be healthy! I like the No walk, No computer rule! Will have to implement that one myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has given me something to think about, especially in regard to things like nail care being a way of nurturing and caring for my body rather than drudgery.

    And LOVE the no walking, no computer rule. I may adopt a version of that.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete