Monday, January 23, 2012

DAY 23 - 21ST DAY WHEAT AND GLUTEN FREE - 11TH DAY NO COFFEE

DSC04669

Weight:-  7.30 am  - ?


My last weight check was 114 kg/251 lbs. Next check Jan. 31st.

Breakfast:-  Berry Smoothie. Strawberry tea. water

Snack 1:-  None

Lunch:-  Strawberry  tea. tuna and veggie salad with lettuce. 4 corn thins with peanut butter

Snack 2:-   Lemon, lime and bitters. 4 corn thins with pickle and cheese.

Dinner:-  Chicken sausages, carrot-kumera mash,  and broccoli. 

Snack 3:-  Camomile tea.  almonds 

Drinking:-  Water x 0
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3
Coffee, black, unsweetened x 0

Diet lemon, lime & bitters x 1

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *y/n*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes/no*
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Reporting Back ..........

How I did I do?


The amazing thing to me is that I've completed 3 weeks wheat/gluten free with a few minor exceptions such as tonight's sausages, - which I forgot to check. Will do so next time I'm shopping.


I'm also well into my 2nd week coffee free.


I am eating more carbohydrates than I think is ideal. I intend to reduce them as I go on but there is one thing far more important.


I have become excessively lazy about walking. I know partly it has to do with the tight chest and wheezing but I can't let that be an excuse for much longer. In fact those symptoms are not as severe as they were. I'm presuming they had more to do with too much wheat in my diet as much as lack of exercise and increased weight.


I've done it before and I need to do it again. 


Make the decision to walk every morning before I get distracted by anything including my blogging and this record. It's not as though I don't enjoy walking. I do. It is a great pleasure and my day feels so much better for taking the time. 


I don't understand why I'm having so much trouble actually doing it. Maybe my energy levels are still way below par. Trouble is if I keep yielding to this I will never rebuild my strength and energy. One of the weird things about fatigue syndrome and energy is that you can do a lot more than you think. On the other hand if you get carried away and do too much at any one time or in any day without building up to it, (Training), you can drain your energy levels and take weeks to get motivated again.


It takes strength of mind and a certain kind of wisdom to do just the right amount each day. By following a sensible pattern tailored to my own ability I will gradually find myself amazingly fit again.


My goal is not to take long walks but to walk at least 15 - 30 minutes everyday and when that feels too easy to add either a second walk or lengthen the main walk. 


I'd like to say I'm going to get up tomorrow morning and walk but I'm no longer confident it's going to be that simple. I'll let you know tomorrow. 


One thing I can do is plan, and prepare my mind, tonight so that I know exactly what I'm going to do when I get out of bed in the morning. Have a drink, dress, put on my walking shoes and .....

1 comment:

  1. Well done so far - I think it actually gets easier as you go on. Walking should get easier once you start again. If you are eating lower carbs your energy will come from actual fat, not from carbs you are eating.

    ReplyDelete