Monday, January 16, 2012

DAY 16 - 14TH DAY WHEAT AND GLUTEN FREE - 4TH DAY NO COFFEE.

DSC04669

Weight:-  7.30 am  - ?


My last weight check was 114 kg/251 lbs. Next check Jan. 28th.

Breakfast:-  Berry Smoothie. Strawberry tea. water

Snack 1:-  and
Lunch:-  Strawberry  tea, Water, 4 corn thins and peanut butter 2  corn thins peanut butter, banana, strawberries.

Lunch and morning and afternoon snacks got a bit muddled up today. Almost one longish snack time between 1.30 and 3 pm.


Snack 2:-   Water

Dinner:-  rump steak cooked in the handy-dandy healthy grill.
mashed potato, mushroom and onion. Strawberry tea.

Snack 3:-  Camomile tea.  

Drinking:-  Water x 4
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3

Diet lemon, lime & bitters x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Reporting Back ..........

How I did I do?


I woke up feeling better than I have for weeks. A mild tightness/headachiness easily forgotten. I'm sleeping so much better. Do you think not drinking coffee is helping?


Lovely sunny morning and I want to go for a walk. Did you read that? 


I want to go for a walk!


I'm waiting for John to wake up. We live in a fairly confined space in this old bus and I don't want to disturb him rattling around for my socks and shoes which could be anywhere. This is such a lovely part of the day and we haven't had too many nice mornings so far this summer. 


And .... I t's a long time since felt like getting up and going for a walk.


Later.


I did go for a walk. The photographic proof is here I walked for about 40 minutes including pauses to take photos. Very slow 1 km slightly more than 1/2 mile. 


The thing is, I did it and was not plagued by a tightness in my chest. Today I added in another piece of the jigsaw which will eventually have me fit and healthy again.


The last few months have been scary. I knew my health was being adversely affected and I knew the remedy was in my hands. But .... I seemed to be helpless to change my behaviour. Two weeks is not long but I do see general improvement. 


Another step toward improving my health. I drank at least 1.5 lt water or flavoured tea.


I have stopped doing what is good so many times in the past. All the determination, positive input and motivation was not enough to keep me going. This frightens me because each time it is more difficult to return to better living. I'm not happy to be motivated by fear but perhaps it's a good fear. Fear of consequences stops many a bad move. I'd like to be motivated by love but that doesn't seem to be working for me.


I remember when I met John and how it was so easy to lose weight and live healthy. (Not that I was fat, unhealthy or unfit at the time.) I was so happy. I have a few ideas about what has happened in between.... We are coming up to 49 years married in a couple of months. We met 53 years ago this week. 


Best day so far.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, MargieAnne.

    I'm so glad you were able to get out for a walk and have a nice day. :)

    Thank you for your comments on my blog, too. You're a gem.

    I want to let you know, that I was not able to get into this blog yesterday or today. I'm only here now because I entered via your other blog. When I tried to get here via my reading list, I clicked on the title, your blog came up, and then went to a blank page. I tried many times. I'll let you knoow if it happens again. It may just be a one-time fluke.

    The photos on your other blog are stunning. Such beautiful country. Here? Well, in Pennsylvania we have beautiful country, too, but in a very different way. Much less dramatic.

    The temp is supposed to go up tomorrow (to 40 degrees), so I'm hoping to get out for a walk, myself. Hmmmm. That's kind of dramatic in its own way, I guess. chuckle.

    One step at a time, leaning on Him, to victory.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete