Sunday, January 15, 2012

DAY 14 - 12TH DAY WHEAT AND GLUTEN FREE - 2ND DAY COFFEE FREE

DSC04669

Weight:-  7.30 am  - ? 


I will check my weight again on Sunday. 


I am beginning the day with a light headache. The remedy is drink more water plus some panadol tablets. 


I have increased my medication to reduce high blood pressure. I'm sure high BP has been part of the unwell feeling for some weeks now. I'm hoping that as I recover from caffeine withdrawal I'll feel better and without the coffee and wheat maybe my blood pressure will become more easily controlled. I'm not holding my breath as our family seems to be genetically prone to high blood pressure which does not respond well to medication. This is such a common problem yet I feel our GP, (General Practitioner, medical doctor), are not very with it when someone does not respond well to the standard medication. The answer of course is to find natural, healthy ways to lower BP. Losing weight is supposed to help. For me a significant weight loss stabilised my BP but there was no sign of reduction. Walking is supposed to be helpful.  


I watched a video courtesy of Debbie that made a whole lot of sense. More encouragement to do what is good. It was so good I think I'll go and watch it again now.

Breakfast:-  Berry Smoothie. Strawberry tea. 

Snack 1:-  Water, 4 corn thins and peanut butter

Lunch:-  Strawberry tea. Corn, microwaved for about 6 minutes in husk and eaten straight off the cob with no butter .... delicious and simple as it gets. water

Snack 2:-  Strawberry tea 4 corn thins and peanut butter.

Dinner:-  Pork steak, apple sauce, with potato wedges, carrot, green beans

Snack 3:-  Strawberry tea.  


!!! 2 ginger chocolate and 1 giant licorice allsorts. 

Drinking:-  Water x 1 or 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3 or 4
Coffee, black, unsweetened x 0

Diet lemon, lime & bitters x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes/no*
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Reporting Back ..........


How I did I do?


It was a better day than yesterday but still far from optimum living. The corn thins with peanut butter are too nice but I will keep them in as they give me something to crunch and I really was missing the starch. This will probably be temporary while my body adjusts to lower calories.

1 comment:

  1. My BP did not resond to meds. It averaged around 200/110 while on the highest dose of meds available. :o BUT, when I lost 20 pounds and began walking 30 minutes a day, down it went to almsot normal on 1/4 of the dose I had been taking.

    When I quit walking and regined the weight? Back up it went.

    I wish you well with it!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete