Saturday, January 14, 2012

DAY 13 - 11TH DAY WHEAT AND GLUTEN FREE - DAY 1 COFFEE FREE

DSC04669

Weight:-  7.30 am  -  114.5 kg/250 lbs. 


That's very bad. I was surprised because I know taking out wheat makes a huge difference but either the difference is minimal or I had gained even more weight than I thought. This is quite upsetting because it means I have a very long way to go to get under 200 pounds. I won't be weighing myself for another 2 - 3 weeks. The scales will be locked in the house with our house exchange guests from Honolulu. There's no point in having the scales in the bus because the bathroom floor is too flexible and the rest is carpet.


I will check my weight again on Sunday before the people arrive, but really my only hope is to work toward the program that keeps my in ketosis ... It works and is healthy. I just don't have the strength the jump into it as I have done in the past.

Breakfast:-  Berry Smoothie. Strawberry tea. 

Snack 1:-  Lemon, lime and bitters

Lunch:-  Strawberry tea. rice pudding and icecream

Snack 2:-  Strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Sausages, 2 cherry tomatoes, corn

Snack 3:-  Strawberry tea.


!!! 1 ginger chocolate and 2 giant licorice allsorts. 


From now on this is how I'm going to record sweet stuff. It's not necessarily off the menu yet but this will give me a good idea of how often I indulge on wasted calories. I'm not a calorie counter but I am fully aware of how empty of good nutrition these types of food are.

Drinking:-  Water x 1
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4
Coffee, black, unsweetened x 0

Diet lemon, lime & bitters x 1

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes/no*
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Reporting Back ..........


How I did I do?


OOps! I missed posting my plan yesterday and now I've deleted most of it and cannot remember details. 


Yesterday:- 1.30pm and I'm struggling. we are low on groceries. Shopping tomorrow. I have a can of tuna and lettuce  plus enough to make a nice salad. It doesn't sound appealing but I may have no choice.


I didn't feel well all day so made rice pudding. My version is really as simple as a sweet risotto mad with milk instead of water.


Today:- I continued to struggle with not feeling well So much so I didn't even want to drink coffee so I had my first coffee free day in months and paid highly for it with a zoomer headache. So bad I even felt dizzy at times. Still I managed to be of some use at Mum's and we did some grocery shopping so I'm restocked.


I am eating a tiny bit of wheat sometimes but not counting it as it is so insignificant and doesn't appear to affect me because I do not have celiac disease. It's just that wheat in particular seems to cause cravings and possibly makes me generally unwell. I guess my heading could read bread, cake and cookie free to be more accurate.


The sausages had wheat crumbs and probably had some wheat in the filling. They are not regular fare. They were cooked in our Breville Health Grill which is much the same as a George Foreman Grill. This handy-dandy machine was bought for "free" using our Westpac Visa Hot Points Rewards. John likes to make himself a toasted cheese sandwich most days so wanted a gadget which is better than the frying pan he was using. We didn't intend to buy the health grill but obviously I did not check what I was ordering and Hey Presto! we have the ultimate toasted sandwich maker. I'm so glad we did. All kinds of things cook better and less fat, less mess to clean up too. 


Bonus!

1 comment:

  1. Ack. I hate...hate...hate weight regain! I piled on 35 pounds last year and, youi're right, it's a long haul back. But we will do it!

    We will. Well, unless Jesus comes back soooon. Hmmm. I vote for that. :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete