Sunday, June 5, 2011

EMBARRASSED? ASHAMED? WHATEVER! I'M BACK


DAY

Days Bread Free x 0

Weight 7.30 am - 99 kg - too close to serious danger point

Dietary Ketosis *NO*

Energy Level:- on 1-10 scale = 5
-
General Well-being:- on 1-10 scale = 5

Mood:- OK

Breakfast:- Cappuccino x 1

Snack 1:- 2 cups black unsweetened coffee

Lunch:-2 slices of toast bread, 2 homemade hamburger patties, lettuce, beetroot relish.

Snack 2:-

Dinner:- 1 chicken breast with stir-fry veggies moistened with plain yoghurt

Snack 3:-

Drinking:- Water x 0
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 2
Coffee, black, unsweetened x 2
cappuccino with sugar x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *no*

Anti-candida pills:- am Y pm Y

Exercise:- 30 minutes walk *no*
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Walks this week:- x 0

Total walked this week:- = 0 km

Continues Today

My Challenge this week is to walk ? km,

? km to go.

My challenge for the rest of the year is to walk ? km.

? to go
Even though I did not sleep well last night I woke up feeling more 'onto' it than for some time. My shoulder still hurts with certain movements causing me to yell and catch my breath. There is an almost constant dull ache. I don't feel like doing much although, as I said, that may be changing.

I've been eating whatever I felt like and although not terrible there have been some very bad days and I've got used to eating bread several times a day.

My general health has suffered. .

1. My weight has drifted toward the never going there again .... 100kg.

2. I was holding around 97 kg and had dipped down to 94 kg. Today, 99 kg. Dangerous.

3. Stiff fingers, arthritic, painful joints, especially ankles and knees.

4. Not wanting to do anything - lethargy.

5. No exercise, No blogging, No craftwork.

6. Body sluggish



I KEEP TELLING MYSELF, 'I need to get a grip'.

For the first time in weeks I have made some effort today.

It bothers me that I still have not got control of my eating issues. I am still making choices that I know undermine my general well being.

WHY?

One reason is wonky thinking. I'm tired of having to be concerned about what I eat. I'm tired of the work required to lose weight. I consider my years and think I should be able to enjoy life without having a restricted diet.

REALITY CHECK!

The older one is the more important it becomes to eat well and exercise. Having less bulk/fat makes it easier to exercise even moderately. Health becomes more important as one ages and therefor eating healthy foods and doing regular exercise become paramount to living with any degree of enjoyment.

WHAT DO I WANT?

I want to enjoy the years I have left.

HOW CAN I DO THIS?

Avoid food that makes me feel sluggish, irritable and moody.
Develop an exercise program that works.

THE PLAN

Modified Lean For Life works.

Is this what I want to do?

I'm willing but......

there are some foods I do not want to eliminate but are probably unhelpful.

Coffee. I will continue to drink coffee but most days there will be a midday coffee curfew.

Bread. I really must address this. Rice cakes, wafers and crackers do not do it for me. Alternative grains are expensive as is gluten free bread. There seems to be no solution except to eliminate this food. What of I go bread free for one week. Can I do it? I've done it before but am I willing to do it again. Am I willing to avoid eating bread when the breadmaker comes back? Currently we are waiting for a replacement.

Bread is my major problem. It's called the staff of life and is a staple part of our core diet. Yet for me it is like consuming a slow poison that has a cumulative affect. I can accustom my body to it but I can never be really well if I continue to eat it.

Do I miss bread when I eliminate it?

Ans. Sometimes. Mainly I miss the convenience and simplicity of a sandwich.

This has been my sticking point, the one thing that has brought me to failure for the last 10 or even 15 years.

If I could guarantee I could limit myself to one or two occasional servings per week I might not compromise my general health?

Would that be enough to stop me feeling hard done by or will it eventually flip me back into poor eating?

What would happen if I allowed myself an indulgence each day? Always to be eaten as part of a normal meal or complete snack ...never an extra.

eg. Sunday, Bread or cake
Monday, dried fruit and nuts
Tuesday, Milk pudding, rice, icecream, custard
Wednesday, dried fruit and nuts
Thursday, Bread or cake
Friday, chocolate
Saturday, dried fruit and nuts.

Can I allow myself 2 slices of bread or similar twice a week? Is that safe or will it trigger going off plan completely.

What would happen if I allowed 2 slices of bread or a muffin or a biscuit or piece of cake on Thursday and Sunday? Can I be so disciplined?

I will never achieve ketosis nor lose weight quickly but I will stay healthy and it should prevent me from feeling deprived.

I can do Lean For Life menu with my eyes closed. I no longer need to count carbohydrates although it helps. I no longer want to be restricted to the degree the pure program demands.

But I can do a modified version long term ... maybe for the rest of my life and I will lose some weight.

Lean For Life is all about moderate exercise, everyday.

Can I do this?

The easiest way was to get up and get dressed and go. I need coffee first or water. Coffee will make me procrastinate.

Plan. Wake up.
Get dressed
Drink water
Walk to beach
Increase distance each Monday.

Tomorrow is Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment