Sunday, December 5, 2010

DAY294

DAY 294

Days Gluten x 22

Weight 7.30 am - 97 kg .......... down 0.5 kg that's good

Dietary Ketosis *?*

Energy Level:- on 1-10 scale = 7

General Wellbeing:- on 1-10 scale = 7

Mood:- Tired but improving

Breakfast:- Berry Protein Smoothie

Snack:-
Lunch:- ham with lettuce

Snack 2:- 2 HB eggs

Dinner:- Ham, broccoli, carrot, celery, steamed with drizzle of butter. Strawberries and cream

Snack:- nuts

Drinking:- Water x 1
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 5
Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- 30 minutes walk *no*
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*


Walks this week x 0


Total walked this week = 0 km

Continues Today

My Challenge this week is to walk 20 km,

20 km to go.

My challenge for the rest of the year is to walk 250 km,

249 to go
A little bit too slow this morning so not ready in time for church. Hoping they have 6.30 pm meeting today and I will go from Mum's before coming home. Jay working so will be going to Mum's for lunch.

I had a soak in the bath this morning with hydrogen peroxide. Not sure that the concentration would be enough to do good but it is supposed to kill off fungal infection. I'm also gargling and soaking my partial plate in peroxide, not concentrate of course. I'll try anything for a period to see if it makes a difference.... Well almost anything, reason and finances must prevail.

Another thing I did yesterday was extend the area I use my antiperspirant/deoderant on. Some years ago I extended my use from underarms to skin folds and that has made a huge difference as I get rashes at the drop of a hat where skin meets skin especially as the weather warms up. After my bath yesterday I rubbed antiperspirant all over my bottom and the whole area that's itchy. It gave me more relief than I've had for a while. Maybe I should have showered and refreshed it before I went to bed but I don't really have enough energy to shower twice daily yet. I kept hearing the voice of the Doctor I worked for back in 1962 saying to me, 'You're allergic to your own sweat!' Maybe I am. He was a wise man and considered a great diagnostician.

I know there are many concerns among some health advocates that anti-perspirants can be hazardous. Tough! I have to live in the now and to date I've found nothing more effective. I've traded a potential risk for improving my quality of life today.

As my energy improves I'm going to do a series of posts about dealing with Candida Problems my way, how it has affected my life and family and what steps I take to minimise it's affect on my life. Living well with Candida problems is a challenge, not least the lack of concern from the general medical profession.

As a Christian, one of the most difficult things to deal with has been the profusion of knowledge, help and advice from the Alternative Healing people. Some of it is good some of it is downright dangerous and some of it totally unnecessary or too expensive. There are a lot of people becoming fat cats on the alternative health band wagon and not all of them are genuine. Sadly, for me, many of the Holistic Health people are also involved in what I would term occult practice. I know they don't see it this way and I have no intention of challenging them or their beliefs but they are not for me.

I've had to sift through, what to me is either garbage or based on dark spiritualism and find the truth. I'm not a great researcher. It's not something I enjoy because it takes a certain discipline and enthusiasm I don't have. But when you need to know something, you have to look so look I have. Maybe one day I'll have the courage to write about what I deem to be dangerous ideas and practices. I've also had to believe in myself. Many of my Christian friends would be horrified by the places I have gone for information.

Let's put it this way. I have been blessed with a sense of discernment of good and evil. I will know almost immediately which spiritual realm someone is working in. Sometimes I'm wrong but most times I pick it up fairly quickly. I have learned to glean the important, not be afraid of negative forces and jump with fright at spooks. That doesn't mean I'm going to walk with them, it means I no longer throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I can do this because i am confident of my Father's protection. Jesus came to give me life in all it's abundance. I don't always have that. Part of an abundant life should be good health and well being. This is not always so for everyone but that doesn't mean we should accept less. We pray, asking God that things be on earth as they are in heaven. I don't think anyone in heaven struggles with fatigue and unwellness. Go could Zap me well in an instant but He's left me with this learning curve which all too often feels as though it's more than I can bear.

My part is do the best I can and learn the best way to live and remain as healthy as possible in spite of my limitations. I'm doing this the best way I know and trusting God to help me through, to protect me from dangerous side tracks and lead me forward.

I have longed over the ears for some good information from Christian and scientific people. Most of it remains anecdotal. I will write out my story and it will be anecdotal but maybe it will help someone else and maybe someone with a scientific bent will add it to their knowledge and find it useful in their research.

I can but do the best I can with what I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment