Saturday, December 11, 2010

DAY 300

DAY 300

Days Gluten x 28

Weight 7.30 am - 97 kg same, *sigh!*

Dietary Ketosis *?*

Energy Level:- on 1-10 scale = 6.5

General Wellbeing:- on 1-10 scale = 7

Mood:- More alert than usual, but tired as went to bed after midnight

Breakfast:- Berry Protein Smoothie

Snack:-
Lunch:- celery and cream cheese. raw carrot

Snack 2:- nuts

Dinner:- frittata

Snack:- ?

Drinking:- Water x 1
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4 or 5
Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Anti-candida pills:- am Y pm N


Exercise:- 30 minutes walk *no*
5 minutes cross-trainer *yes*


Walks this week x 0


Total walked this week = 0 km

Continues Today

My Challenge this week is to walk 20 km,

20 km to go.

My challenge for the rest of the year is to walk 250 km,

249 to go


I was silly and stayed up reading a travel Blog last night. Had a very long soak in bath this morning. My scalp is not as itchy as usual so maybe it's getting better. Another couple of weeks and I will know.

The itchiness is driving me crazy and rules my life to some extent. I'm spending money I can ill afford on treatments that may or may not work. I spend hours soaking in the bath as sometimes it's the only relief I get. And then I spend hours, well it feels like hours, using lotions or creams that may or may not work. Sometimes I cannot resist the urge to scratch and I often break skin so not good. Sometimes the itchiness, tingling and general irritation wake me up. I know there are many nights I don't sleep well even with taking antihistamine in the evening and sometimes paracetemol as well.

The impact may seem minor but everyday I have to judge how much time and or money I can spend dealing with this problem that doesn't want to go away. I'm sure there is a stress factor in there but this is life. I can't eliminate every little thing that makes me uncomfortable.

I am 4 weeks pretty much gluten free. I've had very little in the way of grain products in that time. I did break the sugar free pattern but am back into it again. Maybe I'll start counting sugar free days again. I'd love to drink coffee regularly but I want to give myself about 6 months before I drink it daily again.

I ran out of Somac, prescription for stomach acid, reflux. So far I've managed with occasional Quikeze but not good long term. I don't think my stomach is fully healed and reflux does so much damage to the oesophagus and throat that it's foolish to tough it out too soon.

I am committed to continuing breaking the yeast cycle fo as long as it takes. So roll on the next 4 weeks with Christmas in the middle.

I thought I would lose weight easily but not so. I am going to be quite strict about what goes in my mouth over the next two days. I want a good weigh n on Monday.

In 300 days, or just a few more, I've only lost 20 pounds or 9 kg. I know it's better than nothing but I'm feeling a little frustrating as I first hit 96 kg in June and here I am, 6 months later, still hovering around the same weight.

Exercise should improve things. Maybe will do another weedy patch this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment