Thursday, November 25, 2010

DAY 284 THERE'S BEEN A CHANGE IN FOCUS

Days Gluten and Added Sugar Free x 12

Weight 7.30 am - 97.5 kg .

Dietary Ketosis *no*

Energy Level:- on 1-10 scale = 4

General Wellbeing:- on 1-10 scale = 4

Mood:- Life's a struggle today. I wish I could stay home but have shopping and will visit sis who is with Mum on the way home.

Breakfast:- Berry Protein Smoothie

Snack:-

Lunch:- cold roast chicken with cucumber, capsicum and onion salad dressed with oghurt and a little balsamic dressing

Snack 2:-

Dinner:- starving hungry. 3 HB eggs with asparagus

Snack:- far too many almonds and 2 brazil nuts

Drinking:- Water x 3
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 5

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- 30 minutes walk *no* Went shopping and stopped off to visit Mum and Sister.
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*


Walks this week x 0


Total walked this week = 0 km

Starts Today

My Challenge this week is to walk 19 km,

19 km to go.


My challenge for the rest of the year is to walk 200 km,

200 to go


Two weeks ago I saw my doctor for a regular check and complained about the itchiness in my scalp and rash on buttocks. She said I had a fungal infection and prescribed some topical treatments which at this stage have made very little difference.

The diagnosis of Fungal Infection caused a light bulb to start flashing. Since then I have been researching Candida and Yeast Overgrowth. It's an old problem and I am under attack with a vengeance. I am waiting for some Fivelac capsules to arrive and have bought an e-book. TWJ and I will begin the anti-candida diet togather. it makes life easier if we eat more or less the same things and he has many symptoms which could be caused by Candida.

In the meantime I have been quite strict about no added sugar and starches, I have eaten some fruit and once or twice added a pinch of sugar to our frozen veggies for flavour and had sauce thickened with ordinary flour or cornflour. When I go onto stage 1 of the candida diet I will be 100% strict. Anything to get this cleared up.

I think I had lost hope that I could do this because I have been feeling so awful. Now I have hope again and am motivated to break the hold this natural yeast has on me. It is so out of balance and I'm weary of being unwell.

I don't want to rave on about my health in my main Blog which is more of a journal so I will record here how I feel be it tired or yukky or full of life and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment