Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 29 WEEK 5 BEGINS

Today should be mainly protein but we are having lunch out. It's our last day in Christchurch and tomorrow involves a lot of travelling including waiting time at the airport. We leave the house here about 9.30 am and we don't expect to be home before 5 pm although our flight is less than 1 1/2 hours. Wednesday, Day 31, will be my mainly protein day this week.

I'm happy with what I ate and drank today. It will not get me closer to goal weight but will do minimal damage and all was totally enjoyable.

Weight 7.30 am 104 kg Another 0.3 kg I feel bloated and heavy so might be due to the salt in last night's sausages.

Dietry Ketosis *no*

Breakfast:- black coffee, oopsie sandwich, avocado and marmite.
Snack 1, *no*

Lunch:- Quiche & salad. I couldn't eat all the pastry or the over sweet relish or the over-dressed salad. I did eat a few, say equal to a small to medium potato with a little sour cream. Unsweetened cappuccino. The coffee was so good I was drinking it and enjoying before I realised I had not added sugar. Yay me!
Snack 2, about 3pm iced coffee, creamy but not too sweet and very refreshing.

Dinner:- Marrow stuffed with mince. Not very hungry.
Snack 3, 8 pm yoghurt but only if really hungry *no*

Drinking:- Water x 4
black coffee x 1
capuccino x 1
iced coffee x 1
tea x 2

Daily Goal:- 2.5 lt or 8 - 10 large cups. *no*

Exercise:- 30 minutes walk *yes* plus strolling around the Mall.

Reading:- Day 29 back to square 1. Chapter 1 in my Lean For Life book. * done*

NB I would normally follow the Lean For Life 6 week program but coming to Christchurch to stay with our son for 3 weeks has made following the program a little hit and miss. I've been more in maintenance mode than weight loss. For that reason I am beginning the 6 week program from the start or in other words extending the weight loss phase by another 4 weeks which is totally permissable.

The program works by dividing the 6 weeks into 4 weeks of weight loss and 2 weeks of 'Metabolic Adjustment' which is like preparing for permanent maintenance or in my case giving the body a chance to settle at the weight achieved and make it easier to go on to lose more weight without getting stuck in a long plateau. It all makes sense when I read 'the book,' and I like the idea of having a small change before going back into the weight loss period refreshed and enthused again.

No comments:

Post a Comment